At Rakuten Travel Xchange, our goal is to make a difference and innovate scaleable and cutting edge technology in the travel and accommodations industry. Our team of passionate team members contribute to maintaining a sustainable competitive advantage fueling our global growth.
As an Infrastructure Lead you’ll be expected to take ownership and be fully accountable for the infrastructure utilized by Rakuten Travel Xchange. You’ll play a central role in ensuring and maintaining a secure, scalable, and cost efficient platform so that the company can operate smoothly, execute business processes efficiently, and deliver high quality services to our stakeholders.
Remote. Compensation in line with local market rates.
- Own, manage, and set directives on the daily infrastructure-related operations to ensure that systems, services and infrastructure perform reliably, efficiently, and securely
- Evaluate current processes and propose improvements to constantly increase the efficiency and scalability of infrastructure operations
- Maintain high performance standards, while optimizing cost efficiency
- Measure and monitor performance
- Handle incident resolution to ensure service fulfillment 24x7
- Work closely with our technical team to provide support for deployment pipelines
- Promote technical and professional credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide training and mentorship to new infrastructure/devops team members
- Proven track record in designing strategic roadmaps for cloud solutions, migrations, greenfield applications, and cloud native deployments at scale for large enterprises.
- Cloud platform (Google Cloud Engine, AWS, Alicloud, etc) or multi-cloud experience
- Hands on experience in Kubernetes, Docker, and/or other containerizing and orchestration tools
- Knowledge of CI/CD such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience with a modern Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Creative thinker, problem solver, teachable and a promoter of continuous learning
- Self starter, independent and able to work in a fast paced environment