The main tools we leverage for our Accommodation API include Golang, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, and Jenkins. This enterprise solution requires back-end engineers with a keen eye for efficiency, consistency and simplicity in code, and an ability able to collaborate with others to identify the best solution to complex problems are attributes of our team that allow us to stay ahead of our competition.
As a Lead Engineer on our API team, you will be tasked with designing, code reviewing, code standards, developing, installing, and integrating software solutions while working with the latest technologies, methodologies and frameworks.
We are primarily interested in finding the right people, and this position can be either remote or based in our Singapore HQ. Please state your preference in your application. Compensation in line with local market conditions.
- Leading a team of software engineers to ensure they meet deadlines, attain code quality, and develop scalable and maintainable code. Your main measure is what the team delivers and whether the delivery is on time and of sufficient quality.
- Design, develop and deploy application projects with cross-functional team members
- Be actively involved in the full cycle of software development from planning to implementation, as well as maintenance and support of the current and / or new applications
- Work closely with senior management on improving the design and architecture of current applications and exploring new innovations with cutting edge technologies
- Participate in code and design reviews to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of the application
- Well-versed in various areas of back-end functionality
- At least 5 – 8 years of relevant engineering work experience on large scale software projects and at least 1-3 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Intensive experience developing and leading successful projects for web services or Software as a Service products with stateless horizontal scaling and event-driven architecture.
- Good understanding of the Golang programming language and database management.
- Knowledge of CI/CD such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience using various technologies like APIs, Microservices, Kubernetes, SQL, Golang, gRPC, MessagePack, Streaming.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.