API Technical Support Engineer
We’re looking for an API Technical Support Engineer to join our global API Onboarding Team!
Your mission is to support our partners during the integration and support phases of the implementation. You’ll continuously analyze and improve processes and tooling to make sure that integrations are fast and flawless.
Remote. Compensation in line with local market rates.
- Get to know the Rakuten Travel Xchange API and our platform capabilities to the finest details
- Provide technical support to engineers from companies and partners who are integrating with the Rakuten Travel Xchange API – https://dev.rakutentravelxchange.com/
- Ensure that our technical support is friendly and empathetic, while providing solutions to problems accurately, timely and consistently
- Maintain API documentation, examples, and FAQs to minimize contact rates
- Make suggestions on how to improve the API based on customer feedback
- Participate in the design and implementation of a scalable onboarding and proactive support frameworks for partners
- Mediate during incidents involving the right teams and providing feedback to partners
- We’re not looking for a developer, but you’ve got strong technical knowledge and experience working with APIs – specifically, knowledge and experience with JSON, testing and debugging APIs, and reading logs would be a good baseline. Ideally, Postman is also a part of your toolbox
- You’ve got excellent written and verbal English skills and you’re also a strong communicator. Bonus languages include Spanish, Portguese, and Mandarin.
- You’re excited to work with a global team and partner base – this means that your onboarding and team communication would be entirely remote, so you’re also self-motivated, reliable when working independently
- You have empathy for users and enjoy working with people, enabling you to provide an exceptional level of support and a seamless onboarding experience – this is a support role, so you’ll be working very closely with and supporting both internal and external customers and potential partners
- You are passionate about technology and its relationship with business and customer experience
- You’re humble and work well in a team across different time zones, with a diverse group of people from all over the globe.